Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a new instance of service desk - how do I make certain fields required

Keith Mader August 11, 2020

I am starting a new service desk in my organization.  We deliver cloud based ERP software to our customers.  When we have issues in the product, I want to record them as issues within service desk to support normal workflows like triage, escalation, code fix, delivery, and resolution.  One of the most important things I need to do is ensure that a customer ID is recorded on each issue.  That way I can report on issues by type, severity, and customer ID.  When looking at the base ticket entry forms I see that Organization is included, but I can't edit it or make it required.  Also - how do I allow customers to record their own issues through the portal but stamp their ID on the tickets they create so I can again report on them effectively.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin August 12, 2020

Hi Keith

The following is for setting fields to required.

I use a different language so I'm not 100% sure on the exact button names but I'm sure you'll find it:

Go to Project settings/Request types/

Select the Type you want to edit.

Select "Inquiry form"

Following a screenshot from our instance (in German but it should be the same):

screenshot.PNG

Where the lower red circle is, you can change if the field is required for that request type.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events