Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting reporter or adding request participant before creating them

Fabio Martignago April 14, 2021

Hello,

in a Service Desk (cloud) project How could an agent sets the reporter (or adds a request participant) with a new/unknown customer for the system filling the field with his email?
Sometime the agent have to open an issue "on behalf of"... but the customer isn't registered yet.

PS: I don't want to create the account for that person before. It's going to waste too much time.. I prefer filling the email address for the new customer that should just finalize the registration himself...

Any idea? thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

Hello @Fabio Martignago,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When creating a new ticket via Jira or via Portal as an agent/admin, when you add the email address, it should show the option to create the customer account:

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 16.01.24.png

Regarding the participants, it’s not possible to add them when creating a ticket, it will be necessary to add them after the ticket is created.

On the agent view, it will not be possible to create a new account via the participants’ field. Agents must go to the Customers page in the project and add them before.

A workaround for that is to open the ticket in the customer portal and add them on “Share with”.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 16.22.00.png

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Fabio Martignago April 16, 2021

sorry guys you right! I can open the issue as you describe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events