When a customer submits a form the customer request type is set automatically. When I create the same form through the agent portal then the customer request type says "No Match."
I've tried to fix this by setting up an Automation Rule that does this piece of JQL when the ticket is created:
type != EMPTY AND "Customer Request Type" is EMPTY AND project = "My Project"
Then it edits the issue fields and set the customer request type to be the same as the issue type.
Unfortunately it's not executing correctly and the log shows that the JQL statement passed successfully but it's failing on the edit issue:
No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):
Can someone spot what I'm doing wrong?
1. Firstly - if You create a form through the portal - it should also assign CRT to the issue. However - if You create issue through JIRA backend - it won't (at least automatically).
If there are any issues with assigning CRT to issue for specific user - I would start with checking Permissions (that You are on Customers list, and have Customer - Portal Access permissions allowed)
2. CRT is quite specific Field Type... However in this case I assume it might be pretty simple:
a) in Portal settings make sure that Your CRTs matching JIRA Issue Types naming (I refer to your statement that you want CRTs to be matching Issue Types).
b) make sure that CRT you want to assign is matching Issue Type setup in Portal configuration
There is 1:1 mapping of CRTs into Issue Type - so in case You want automation to run - You need to ensure You follow the same mapping as it is set in the portal. If You miss anything - then You can add (duplicate) CRTs for other issue types, and not show them on the portal (do not add them to any groups)
Then it should work fine
So I worked through your list thanks! Unfortunately none of that has helped, so I think I'm missing something!
1. Checked permissions - I'm a global admin and I've even checked the permission helper to ensure that I do have full access to the project.
2a. I'e checked that the naming is exact, going so far as to copy and paste one into the other just in case there was a random space or something like that! No luck.
2b. I've gone to the issue types screen on the project and checked that it's there. I've also gone into the issue scheme and checked that the issue scheme does have the issue type associated with it.
I must be missing something sorry!
Here's how I've managed to do this.
In the project, I created a new Custom Rule:
I add a separate IF - THEN pair for each issue type in the project, and under Options set it to "Run as the user who triggered the rule"
Hello there Cloud Community members! Today, we’re thrilled to announce Jira Service Management, the next generation of Jira Service Desk. Jira Service Management touts advancements in IT service ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events