Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set options for Priority when creating an Issue

Robert Edyvean November 2, 2020

We have more than one project within our instance, but want to use a different set of priority options for our Service Desk project from our software project. The priority options appear to be global. I was looking for something like the Issue Type scheme for priorities, but don't seem to find one. How can I achieve a specific set of Priority options in the Service Desk project?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2020

Hi Robert.

Currently, this is not possible.

You can work your way around however by using automation I guess. You can create two rules for each of your project and effect priorities with different criterias for each project. It is not the best way but Priority Schemes don't exit on cloud unfortunately. :/

Tell me if you need more information to create your rules, I can help ;)

Robert Edyvean November 2, 2020

Thanks but sounds a bit complicated!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2020

You are spot on with your observation that "priority options appear to be global".  On Cloud, they are indeed a global list, there are no priority schemes.

Server/DC got them in 7.8(ish), I don't know why they have not been done on Cloud as well, especially as the original request for them was 16 years ago and written by some chap called Mike Cannon-Brookes

I'm afraid your only option is to create your own, project-local, custom field for your differing priorities (and hide the system one from those projects)

0 votes
Mone Dileep Kumar November 2, 2020

Hi @Robert Edyvean ,

In Jira, we do have an option called Priority schemes in the administrator issue screen. With that, you can achieve to keep the set of options of priority per project. Please find the below link for more details about Priority schemes in Jira:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/associating-priorities-with-projects-939514001.html

Please do check and let me know for any queries in it.

Regards

Mone Dileep Kumar

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2020

Priority schemes are server-only at the moment.  Robert is on Cloud.

Like Robert Edyvean likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events