Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk customer activation email

hhenry-garon September 2, 2020

We are using service desk in order to manage technical support with our products. An email asking the user to activate an account is sent, i want to avoid that. Also when we receive a call from a customer and we want to add a ticket, we need to create a customer first and then link it to the ticket. The user then receive an email to create an account again. I understand why but i don't want that, is it possible? I can't find any option around this activation email. 

1 answer

0 votes
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2020

I don't know if this would be helpful, but our app have a feature that may solve your problem.

You may use Tinker for JSD public customer portal on your servicdesk that allows you to create a ticket and a user at the same time by entering email on request creation screen

However the agent won't be captured since you are creating requests anonymously.

The beauty about this is that you may have agents receiving calls and creating requests without occupying an agent license (if they only create) .

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222917/tinker-for-jsd?hosting=server&tab=overview

Thanks! Ill check this plugin. So the user doesn't receive the account creation email but still receives the ticket update emails? 

Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2020

Yes exactly, they will receive the usual email after request creation 

Just confirming that we got your request. We're on it.

This is exactly what i need. I added the plugin, where do i see this form to create a ticket by entering email on request creation screen?

Also, i just noticed that sending an email to my support email will ask the user to activate his account. Any way to avoid that too?

Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
September 2, 2020

Awesome @hhenry-garon

Now you need to setup public customer portal

https://innovura.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TFJ/pages/120324165/Public+Customer+Portal

After setting up the public portal by following the above guide.

Users and agents can access the portal without logging in, and can create requests by filling customer portal forms and email.

Make sure that you choose create user behavior, so the portal creates users and requests simultaneously 

hhenry-garon September 15, 2020

Thanks, i see it works, i go into the portal and and i see the email field which is perfect. Only thing is, if my agent is logged in Jira, he needs to logout and get on the portal anonymously right? Otherwise it won't work. 

Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
September 15, 2020

Yes unfortunately that is true. Agents need to be logged out to use the public portal as it was built to serve anonymous users.

However your agents may use a different session for public access, (e.i. chrome Guest mode, different browser, other chrome user).

So they dont need to log out and log in simultaneously 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events