Service desk custom field data per organization/customer

exadannyd April 12, 2020

Hi,

Is there a way to define a custom field in service desk that it's value is based on the organization? That is, I have several organizations that I support in my service desk portal. I would like to create a 'Select List' field in which the value/s are different per organization

2 answers

0 votes
Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

You could use a light-touch CRM instead :) Feel free to check out Crumbs here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222515/crumbs-simple-crm-for-jira-and-jsm?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

0 votes
Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2020

Hi @exadannyd ,

Have you tried a cascading type field? You can add organization names as options, which have different children options.

exadannyd April 13, 2020

Thanks for your reply, but it does not seems to answer my needs. Organizations is predefined field in Service Desk, and has it own values. I need to create a field that will present different values to each organization when they open a service request

Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2020

I think it's not possible to have a field with, for example, "N" options, where those options are hiding away on different modes based on another field. Except using ScriptRunner for Jira plugin.

Another suggestion is: Add separate fields for each organization. By using Extension for Jira Service Desk plugin you'll be able to create a Dynamic Form. This means when you select the first option of organizations, the only visible field is the one with related values.

something like:

Organization-1

•  Field-A

Organization-2

• Field-B

df.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events