Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Level in Request Types are blocking some reporters from creating those Request Types

Karri Parola May 7, 2021

Yesterday I added Service Levels in some of our Request Types to try to restrict certain agents from editing request types that do not fall in their area of expertise.  Very shortly afterwards, I started getting reports from some Jira Service Management users (non agents) that they were getting a No Access message when trying to submit the Request Type with the Service Level set.  Oddly, it does not seem to be all non agent users who are blocked.   If I remove the Service Level field from the Request Type, the user is able to submit the request type.  Why is this happening to some users and not others?

PortalNoAccess.png

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

@Karri Parola -

Hi Karri:

Are you referring "Security Level" (Issue security)?  If so, then security level is usually assigned to the issue after the issue is created.  In addition, you should always include "Reporter" as a member of your security level setup.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS