Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk is very slow on hosted site, why?

Jeremy Nusser September 23, 2014

Over the last 10-15 days, Service Desk (OnDemand instance) has been very slow to the point that fields with auto-complete time out and don't work and issues cannot be created. Why is this happening and what assurances do I have as a customer that acceptable performance will be delivered?

4 answers

0 votes

Thanks for the feedback, I'll post back once I get resolution

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Oh! Well, in that case, here's my two cents: I've worked with OnDemand a decent amount, mainly for Data Migration-type stuff. In my experience it has been slightly slower than my self-hosted instances, but I likely attribute that to resources--even if I am using what they're likely suggesting. I can only speculate at their process is to spin things up. However, Atlassian has generally been very helpful with resolving these issues whenever I've raised a ticket. Granted it still isn't the faster option, but I do see the environments being much more responsive and they're very open to feedback/discussion on this sort of thing. Just talk with them, they generally do a good job of at least explaining what's happening and, if possible, dig in to help. Let me know how it goes!

0 votes

Thanks Andrew! I did submit a ticket, but I my question (poorly phrased) is that is the OnDemand the best solution for a small company and how often does Atlassian's service offering have issues?

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Jeremy, you may want to put in a request with Atlassian to have this evaluated in your OnDemand instance. Atlassian answers is mostly a community of people who geek out on Atlassian products and provide answers to help one another. To me, this sounds like a discussion you'd want to be having with Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events