Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk field usage?

Robert Leachman September 29, 2022

I am having trouble administering Service Management... always an adventure over here. Also Google is little help as the query returns dozens of hits none useful.

Specifically I need to see where a field is used across the request types for all projects. This is a slam dunk in Core, we have System Fields and Custom Fields maintenance tools that include searchers.

To be clear, the question I need to answer today is if we have any Service Management screens that include Priority. How can I determine this?

2 answers

2 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2022

You see this in the same way you see it in core.

Go to Settings -> Issues ->Custom fields. Search for Priorities and in the list you will see a column for screens and contexts. Click screens and it will show you what screens Priority is added to.

From there you can click on  "Add or Remove associated screens" which will give you the list of screens so you can easily uncheck the ones you want to remove Priority from.

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2022

Service Management is built on top of core. The field usage that you see should cover all type of projects. You shouldn't need to do anything special to check service desk management projects.

I am pretty sure that if the field isn't on the create screen, then it you can't add it to the request type screen.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events