Service Desk Portal - Change Reporter - Reporter Can't See in Portal

Brian Parris March 12, 2018

It appears that if we change the reporter for a Jira Service Desk Issue that they still can't see this in their portal.  Has anyone else seen this?

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

Hey Brian,

Based on your comment "Since we created the ticket on the Service Desk team", I think what might have bitten you is a common thing we see in our own service desk.

The Request Type needs to be set in order for the ticket to show up in the customer portal. A quick way to check this is by looking at the right sidebar on the issue view - check the Service Desk section. If it says No match, you need to set it:

image.png

That should solve it for that issue (hopefully that was your issue :) ).

Now, you can fix this in advance for all future issues by setting up an automation rule to catch and set the value. Follow this KB article to do it.

Cheers,
Daniel

Brian Parris March 14, 2018

Thank you Daniel!  You're a life saver!  That did the trick.

Dan Knapton May 10, 2023

This helped me also - thanks!

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2018

This might e the no-brainer answer but:

The fastest/easiest way I'd tell you to troubleshoot this is to look at the permission helper. Have you reviewed for possible service desk access/view issues? 

Brian Parris March 13, 2018

Hi Meg,

The user can see all of their other requests.  Just not the ones we changed the reporter to be that user.

Thanks!

-Brian

Brian Parris March 13, 2018

Is it possible that there is such a thing as an internal issue?  Since we created the ticket on the Service Desk team it's not public to Portal Users even if they are marked as reporters or participants?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events