Service Desk - Export Issues as CSV via the REST API

Connor Hoefflin June 14, 2018

Tried to search around a bit for the answer to this and was struggling to find anything.

I'm looking for the best way to export issues from Service Desk as a CSV via the REST API. Tried browsing the API documentation but wasn't seeing anything promising either on this front.

I just want to replicate the export experience that happens via the UI where you're viewing a list of issues and can click the export button in the top right.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2018

You could try our Better Excel Plugin to produce Excel files, as it can be completely parametrized via simple URL. One of the parameters accept a JQL which you can use to control which issues to export.

Tip: to see the concrete URL just open the Export dropdown at Issue Navigator and see the links at the menu items added by Better Excel.

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2018

Hello,

If you want to replicate the export experience in Jira UI, you can open the Developer Tools in your browser and have a look what requests are sent to the server.

Michael Boyd November 13, 2018

Thanks for this!! This worked perfectly in my PowerQuery. I needed something that would get all issues in one call, since the Jira paginated API doesn't play nice with PowerBI/PowerQuery.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events