Service Desk: DIfferent SLA according to customers

Delphine Renevey November 7, 2013

We're studying the possibility to use Service Desk for our Customer Support. I have one unse case I'd like to talk about, as I didn't find out if it's possible or not in the documentation.

We have different Support levels and SLAs for each level.

Let's say we have Support Gold ('first response time' 1 day) and support Silver ('first response time' 2 days).

Client A (user W & X) has Gold support level and Client B (users Y & Z) has Silver level support.

Can Service Desk provide us a way to handle our user case (creating a 'gold' SLA and assigning Client A to this SLA, and creating 'Silver' SLA and assign Client B to this SLA.

When user X creates a ticket, the first response time will be 1 day whereas when user Y creates a ticket, the first response time will be 2 days.

Thanks for your help,

Delphine

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2013

HI Delphine

Let me elaborate a bit further, first response time is a metric and you can define different levels of SLA on that metric.

Say, customer X subscribes to premium gold service, so you simply add a rule to that SLA that

if the reporter was in membersOf("Group") then sla will be 1 day

and same way for silver service members.

This way you can define your SLA based on customers.

I suggest you install the trial version of the plugin to evaluate this feature.

Rahul

0 votes
Eduardo Marques December 16, 2013

You can do this easily with the JQL queries included in the same SLA. For instance, I have a "Response Time" metric that has a 3h SLA for customer A and B and the rest of the customers have a 1h SLA. You can assing a specific SLA metric to a specific reporter or to a group of users (even if you don't have the users in the same JIRA Group).

You can use the example provided by Rahul Aich or you can filter it by reporter. For example:

SLA: Response Time

Example 1

JQL Query = reporter in (user a, user b)

Goal = 1h

Example 2

JQL Query = reporter = "user c"

Goal = 2h

Example 3

JQL Query = reporter in (user d, user e, user f, user g)

Goal = 5h

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events