Service Desk API access issue

Juan Carlo Icaro September 16, 2018

I'm trying out the Service Desk API. I created a new demo Service Desk Project which then created some sample tickets (incidents, service requests, etc.) I can view all of these tickets.

However, when I try to access the ticket using the Service Desk cloud api, I'm getting the response status 404:

{"errorMessage":"The request could not be found, or you do not have permission to see it.","i18nErrorMessage":{"i18nKey":"sd.attachment.error.issue.not.found","parameters":[]}}

Eg. I am doing a GET on: https://myinstance.atlassian.net/rest/servicedeskapi/request/ND-39

I am using the administrator account to view that particular ticket. I can view it from my web browser using the standard UI but not via a GET request. Eg. I can view it from the URL: https://myinstance.atlassian.net/projects/ND/queues/custom/1/ND-39

The only ticket that I can view successfully via a GET request is ND-1 for some reason. All the others gives me an error for some reason.

What am I missing?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rechard123 April 27, 2019

Hi @Juan Carlo Icaro 

I have the similar issue and i managed to fix it. 

Can you also make sure that you had specified which Request Type of your issue belongs to? 

When you are in the issue detail page, also make sure that there is none of field is in red color font. The error is causing the api not responding the value. 

Juan Carlo Icaro April 28, 2019

Thanks Rechard. I don't have the instance anymore to test it though.

Alanas Spalvys April 14, 2021

Thanks

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2018

Hello,

Have a look at this issue in the web browser. Is the field Request Type set for this issue?

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2018

Hi @Juan Carlo Icaro,

Looks like the instances are Atlassian cloud. Can you make sure that you are using correct and valid API tokens while invoking the REST APIs. This is a wild guess.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events