Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serivce Desk, Email requests: Configured request type has too many visible required fields

Jeff Bernstein November 6, 2020

Hello,

One of our Service Desk projects has stopped receiving incoming email messages. When I click the Test button under JIRA SERVICE DESK, Email requests, Email addresses, the Status is "Configured request type has too many visible required fields". (The Maul audit log Status is SUCCESS if that matters.)

For Request types there is a General group with a single entry: Email Requests to External. When I click Edit Fields I get "Cannot delete a field that is required by Jira or Jira Service Desk."

We have another Service Desk project where the Test button shows "
No problems found with email settings configuration.
Successfully connected to the specified email server."

JIRA Service Desk 3.16.0

I'm at a loss, not sure how to fix this.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Bernstein November 9, 2020

With Atlassian's support we used the workaround provided here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5782

One stumbling block was when I ran the SELECT on the first query the table was not found. I had to include the schema name to find the table.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2020

Jeff,

The email error indicates that the request form you are trying to use has too many required fields. This happens occasionally if an administrator accidentally makes a field required when they didn't intend to. 

On the request form, can you see the fields at all? Or do you get the error as soon as you try to edit the form?  

What I would do is check on the field configuration which backs the issue type of the "Email Requests to External request". In my case, that would be the Service Request issue type.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.48.31 AM.png

To find the field configuration which is  backing it, navigate to Project Settings > Fields. Look for the one tied to Service Request.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.51.00 AM.png

Inside of the Field Configuration, do a search for any with "Optional" on it. That indicates that those are required.  If there are ones requires other than  Description or Reporter, that'll cause issues since you cannot remove them from your form. You'd need to make the required field optional. Then go back into the Email Requests to external request" form and make the same field optional.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.54.36 AM.png

0 votes
tokcum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2020

Dear Jeff,

sounds like someone has changed the customer request type which is mapped to your incoming mail. Please find out to which request type your mail in is related. Then check this request type for fields marked as required.

Actually only summary and description should be required. All other fields have to be optional as documented here.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again if my initial assumption is wrong. To resolve the issue quickly, screenshots often help a lot.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events