Send email to customer after set period of time while ticket on hold

Richard Morgan August 7, 2020

We have two statuses - Waiting on customer and On hold - for which we would like to send a reminder email to the customer after 24 hours. Is there a way to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

There are two ways to accomplish this. 

• set up automation to run daily and check for issues that are on hold for >24hr
  • set up an SLA that breaches after 24hr in On Hold then use automation to email customer when Breach occurs

I prefer the later option as it is cleaner and hit precisely on the desired timing. 

Yep figured it out thanks! Is it possible to close a ticket automatically after sending an automated email to the customer and not getting a response in 24 hours? I didn't see the ability to change the status.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

@Richard Morgan - when making an automation rule, under "Then do this...", click "+" then choose "Transition issue" to whatever your desired "closed" status is.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Perfect! Thanks :)

Like Dave Liao likes this
Mark Ellis May 27, 2022

Looks like your suggestion, @Jack Brickey , would also address my needs.
Does this SLA config look correct to achieve

breach IF status is in Waiting for Customer longer than 16 business hours
WaitingForCustomer-SLA.png

I intend to also apply @Dave Liao description of how to automate closing if no response.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

Yes that is what you are looking for I think.

Like Mark Ellis likes this
Amrit Murdia October 26, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey ,

May I know which automation tool is this for enabling these rules? I am not Jira administrator, however I am admin to the project. 

Amrit Murdia October 26, 2022

I am basically looking for a mechanism so I can have Jira team members receive email/notification as reminders before SLA breaches. Also is it possible to set up multiple SLAs for varying Priorities?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2022

there is built in automation in cloud - project settings > automation. here is a link to Automation documentation

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events