Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting multiple values from a JIRA INSIGHT Table

infrastructure August 24, 2021

My question is about selecting multiple values from a JIRA INSIGHT Table. The following example will illustrate this –

Table Car has these fields, and I am giving examples below - 

Make                  Model                 Year         Engine Type

VW                      Polo                    2021       Electric

Ford                    Galaxy                 2020       Diesel

Table Manufacturer has these fields –

Make                  Model   

VW                      Golf

VW                      Polo

Ford                    Galaxy

Ford                    Fiesta

1. Table Car the field Make is linked as an object to Table Manufacturer’s Make field.
  2. When I select the Make of the car from the table “Manufacturer” (e.g. VW Golf) I can only populate that Make field. Is it possible that I can populate both fields (Make and Model) concurrently? 

Alternatively, if I select the Make then the data in the Model field of the table Car should only show the models based on the make.  In our example, if I select VW, the model field will only show Polo & Golf.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
infrastructure September 27, 2021

Hi Melo 

I was able to resolve this issue with the simple expression of "Manufacturer=${Manufacturer}" in the "Filter Object".

Regards 

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2021

Hi,

My understanding is that you're trying to get these values selected in an Insight CF.

First, let's use Insight language. The "fields" are called Object Attributes.
You can take a look at this page (although is a bit old): https://documentation.mindville.com/insight/latest/object-type-attributes-33467203.html

Now things can be straightforward. Just create two different object types, Car and Manufacturer.

Either of these object types can have an "Attribute" referencing other objects.

Now create two insight custom fields, one for each object. For Car, you can use Insight "referenced custom field".
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/referenced-insight-custom-field-1044784430.html

Please let me know if you're able to configure it.

Thanks,

Melo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events