See all WATCHED issues filtering out AutoWatch assigned tickets?

David Borough March 23, 2023

Our system is set up for AutoWatch which then makes user a watcher if they have:

• Created an issue
  • Commented on an issue

A common filter is:

watcher = currentUser() ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC

Is there a way to filter this to eliminate those WATCHED items that were set by AutoWatch?
We have users that expected clicking WATCH ISSUE would help them go back and review specific items, but they have lists thousands of tickets long because of AutoWatch.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hello @David Borough 

There is no filter criteria to distinguish that a person became a Watcher through Autowatch.

They could adjust their filters thus

watcher=currentUser() and creator!=currentUser()

...to eliminate from the list the issues for which they are also the Creator.

With native JQL there are no criteria to select issues based on who did or did not add comments. If you have third party apps installed that extend JQL functionality then you might be able to further reduce the list by leveraging options those apps provide. 

David Borough March 24, 2023

Thanks for your response.

I was already using those two to help narrow it down.

Perhaps I can find a way to remove any tickets in which there are comments, but then some that I would want won't be in the list. (probably better than too many)

If I had access to a Jira database, there is probably some sort of watched item 'user created' assignation that could be used, but at that point I don't think it would be worth the trouble within our org :) 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

If you are open to third party apps, these are a few that offer a "commentedBy" criteria:

JQL Search Extensions for Jira

JQL Tricks Plugin

ScriptRunner for Jira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events