Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searches using keywords not returning knowledge base content with labeled keywords.

Melanie Tomaszewski August 14, 2020

We have a service desk help center connected to a knowledge base. When searching using keywords it was my understanding that content within the knowledge base that is labeled with matching keywords should show up in the search.

However, this is not what has happened in our trial searches. Only content containing the searched keyword in its text is being returned. 

ex. A customer searches fruit in the help center search bar, I thought that all knowledge base articles that are labeled with "fruit" would be returned in the search. Instead only one article that has the word fruit in the content of the article comes up from the search. 

Settings that I know are working

- Knowledge base confluence space is linked to the service desk

- Customers have permission to view the knowledge base articles

- knowledge base articles are labeled with relevant keywords

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2020

I believe that the search looks for relevant keywords in the article.  The labels are used to restrict search on specific request types.  Example: I have KB articles about passwords and I have a request type that addresses passwords I would label KB articles with password and then restrict the search to those articles to provide more accurate results.  This helps prevent false positives.

Additional information can be found here:https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/write-and-search-for-knowledge-base-articles-956713329.html

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events