Search by Request type group via JQL

Test October 9, 2019

Dear Sir,

We are using JSD very well with Customer Service business. I was wondering that there is any JQL syntax to search by Request type group (Not request type). Because we have many groups in JSD and sometimes we need to search ticket by Request type groups

Best regards,

Nate이미지 589.jpg

4 answers

3 votes
Jorge Maluf December 2, 2019

Hi!

I believe I have a workaround for this.

1) Create a "Request Group" Custom Field of type "Select List (single choice)". Create a "New Context" specific to this project, where you will manually include in the list all "group" options that already exist in your project.

2) Include this custom field in all request types of your project

3) Hide this Custom Field in each Request Type, already setting the desired option (in your case would be "Metapay" for all six Request Types that were in the image)

4) After that, do your searches using this Custom Field.

Regards
Jorge Maluf

Johannes Rudolf November 15, 2021

Nice idea. We're going to try this.

Thanks!

Like Jorge Maluf likes this
3 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 10, 2019

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no field to use in JQL regarding request groups, as a workaround you can create different queues by grouping the request inside each group, e.g.:

"Request Type" IN ("Reporting", "Recruiting", "Core HR") 

Let us know, if the proposed solution works for you.
Regards

Test October 10, 2019

Thank you, Jack.

Unfortunately, It does not work. For example, "Core HR" request type is in Workday and Metapay both.

So after creating a ticket, there is no way that ticket comes from which category (Workday or Metapay).

So I wanted to figure this issue out.

Regards,

Nate

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 10, 2019

Hi,

This information is only visual and is not stored in the issue itself, so you cannot avoid that situation.

Kind regards.

0 votes
Marc Isikoff July 14, 2023

I think it's a no-go. Even though we can create named request types and I see the URL shows request-type/#### and in JQL no search for request =  or various cfs for that the same.

Marc Isikoff September 13, 2023

The field is customer request type and that can be used in JQL just fine.

I am trying to use automation to email someone that sent in a request but it's puzzling trying to find how to reference this field in the subject.

0 votes
Zoltan Kiss May 13, 2021

Hi!

Has anyone a solution for this?

What Jorge wrote is just the same as a JQL for Request Type, cause preset values are attached to the Request Type. So if I use the same type in many different groups, than this preset value will be the same in all group.

Regards,
Zoltan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events