You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
So we're at the point where Jira just can't do some of the things we'd like it to do, and are looking at a couple of plugins. Some of the features that we need are related to how issues can be updated on various transitions, others are related to actions that we would like to perform, for example we'd like to be able to:
"Replace User" - Take one account, and replace references to this user in tickets with another user
1) Go through all issues which have old user as reporter and switch it to other account
2) Go through all issues which contain old user in request participant, and add new participant
3) Go through all issues which contain old participant, and remove it
3) Disable old account
We see many more people install ScriptRunner, but we'd like to hear what other people's experience with the two tools are.
Replace user is a requirement because Atlassian does not allow a user to have multiple email addresses. This is what happens to us:
1) A user has email address A, they use it to create support tickets for a year.
2) User changes their outgoing email address, though they still can receive emails at address A. We update old tickets, and they get responses, but now, any of their responses to their old tickets spawn new tickets, because Service Desk sees it as a different user.
3) Since the user has opened new tickets with email address B, there are now 2 Service Desk users, though they are the same person.
We would use the Bulk feature that Jira already has, but it does not support replacing a user in the "Request Participants" field, which can have multiple users in it.
This happens to us on a regular basis. Does not have a way to combine tickets, nor do they have a way to "replace" users, as described.