Scan barcode to add asset information to Jira Service Desk

Patrick Stellenaar February 28, 2018

I was wondering, is there a solution to scan barcodes and add asset information in Jira Service Desk?

I know Insight from Riada can QR codes (and maybe barcodes), but can it also READ QR/Barcodes to update a Jira ticket with asset information?

Kind regards,

Patrick

2 answers

2 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Hi Patrick,

You may try something like Spartez Asset Tracker for Jira.  I have not personally used it, however, here are the features from their site:

Asset Tracker for Jira is a asset/resource/inventory management system which integrates with Jira, allowing you to manage any type of asset: from laptops & smartphones to printers & TVs.

Features include:

• customizable layout & powerful search
  • defining asset classes & hierarchical folders
  • linking assets with assets & assets with users
  • recording asset history & location
  • automatic hardware scanning
  • printing & scanning QR code labels
  • creating issues in Jira out of assets
  • integration with Jira Service Desk

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Aidy Love
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 12, 2018

Hi @Patrick Stellenaar

Adrian from Spartez here - creators of Asset tracker for Jira.
The use case you're describing sounds like it can be covered by a native functionality in Asset tracker called 'operation sequences'. 

Operation sequences can be used to automate modifying asset records in Asset Tracker in response to events such as raising a Service Desk request or scanning an asset label (QR Code).
You can read more about how they work here, and also feel free to ping me via LinkedIn / mail if you have any further Qs or feedback. 

Cheers, 
Adrian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events