cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO for Service Desk

Yoann_Antoviaque
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2019

Hi,

I'm experimenting with SSO on atlassian products using SAML.

It works correctly for jira but Service Desk Portal seems to ignore the configuration and uses its own user database.

Have I missed something ? Is there a way to activate SSO on Service Desk ?

thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2019

Hello @Yoann_Antoviaqueand welcome!

There are distinct groups of users for JSD - "Customers" and everyone else.  For Customers, JSD uses its own internal identity database and authentication.  For others, Agents, Jira Administrators, Jira System Administrators, etc, it will use the configured Directory service.

So, one can activate SSO for "internal" users only.

Here's a community thread on the topic that goes into some detail about a workaround:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Setting-up-SSO-for-service-desk-customers/qaq-p/918571

Here are two Jira issues (one cloud, one server) requesting the functionality:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-630
and
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-630

Hope this information helps and if it does, please consider clicking the "Accept Answer" button so others benefit from the "answered" flag in their search results.  Thanks!

~~Larry Brock

Yoann_Antoviaque
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2019

thanks for the response. too bad it is not possible for now...

Franko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2021

Is SSO for Jira Service Management now possible with Atlassian Access?

If my company domain is Acme.com, and i have clients at domains "company1.com" and "company2.com", and these clients use our own SSO to access our products (SSO.ACME.COM), can the employees of company1 and company2 use the same SSO login to access our Jira Service Management?

I'm trying to avoid having to type in all the clients email address manually to grand them access.

1 vote
Mateusz Miara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2019

Yoann, 

yes there is a way now! With Crowd 3.4 you can use SSO 2.0 - Crowd’s single point of access for Jira, Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, and Confluence across different domains with one common login page. Read more about it in Crowd's documentation

Hope this helps,

Mateusz

Yoann Antoviaque
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 14, 2019

thanks for the update, I'm going to test it :)

Yoann Antoviaque
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 14, 2019

well, i see that crowd is on premise only, i was looking for a jira cloud solution... :'(

0 votes
Ananjan_miniOrange July 2, 2023

Hey @Yoann_Antoviaque & @Franko

I hope you've got answers to your questions. In case you are still looking for something specific then, I am delighted to let you know that we have got a solution, SSO Integration with Helpdesks which can possibly cater to all your requirements.

Just check it out once and feel free to let us know! For your reference please take a quick glance at this document to better understand our solution.

For more information, you can raise a ticket here or contact us directly at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com. 

Best Regards,

Ananjan Mishra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events