SLA tracking in Ticket

Brad Krivelow October 27, 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to get just a simple time tracker set up in the ticket where it shows the SLA times from open to paused to close/open to closed. I'm in the SLA project settings but when I go back to the issue ticket it'll show SLA then a loading circle for a couple seconds then just disappears. For right now the below SLA time to resolution is all I want. I'll add "Waiting on approvers" once I know the base is working properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 2.15.55 PM.png.

1 answer

1 vote
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2020

Hi @Brad Krivelow ,

From the screenshots you've shared, it looks like you didn't define a "Time Goal" for your SLAs. This might be the reason why they don't show up.

You can refer to this article: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/create-and-edit-sla-goals/

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Brad Krivelow October 27, 2020

Hi Gökçe,

Is there a way to just have no target goal time? Also, is there a way to have it say it took X amount of minutes/hours instead of saying it had X amount of minutes/hours left on the SLA?

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Brad Krivelow ,

I'm afraid when there is no target time specified, SLA just doesn't work. Also, if you don't want to set a goal, then you don't need an SLA, you just need a timer. Jira doesn't offer one out of the box. I suggest looking at Marketplace.

As for the elapsed time, assuming that you want an SLA, JSD SLAs only show how much time you have left to meet the SLA. For this requirement, you can try Time to SLA as an alternative.

With Time to SLA, you can see elapsed time, paused time, and the remaining time on the SLA panel. You can also generate reports containing the elapsed of your SLAs (reported in the Working Duration column) and export them to Excel for further analysis.

slapanel-parts.pngSLA+Detail+Report+(Cloud)+3 (1).jpg

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Snapbytes team.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events