Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA keeps running when resolution set via post function

Sabrina Liao January 15, 2020

I have certain kinds of tickets come in that I want to auto-resolve, so I have an automation rule that looks for those kinds and sets the status to 'Auto-resolved' (a custom status). I created a post function that would see when a status is set to 'Auto-resolved' and sets the resolution to 'Done'. This should stop the SLA timer (I can confirm that the stopping criteria is "Runs until: Resolution: Set"), but the timer keeps on running. Is there a bug where if the resolution is set via post function, no one knows about it? Because another automation rule that should trigger when the resolution is set is also not firing (it's a rule I had for changing 'Auto-resolved' to 'Resolved' after seeing that the resolution was set).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sabrina Liao January 16, 2020

Actually, to finish tying up loose ends here, I had made an update to the post functions to make sure the setting of the Resolution was before all the other post-functions, and that did stop the SLA timer. However, my automation rule for transitioning 'Auto-resolved' to 'Resolved' after seeing the issue resolution changed did not fire.

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Good to know. Thanks for sharing @Sabrina Liao 

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

Hi @Sabrina Liao 

I am able to replicate this behaviour at my end. This usually happens when the transition has a screen with resolution field added to it so that the user performing the transition can set the resolution manually, and also a post-function to set the resolution. With this setup 'Resolve issue' event is not triggered by Jira.

The workaround is to remove the resolution field from either transition screen or post-function.

I assume you want to keep it in the post-function and remove from transition screen for your use case.

This happens even if the resolution isn't manually set by a user?

Also, you're talking specifically about the resolution field being added to the edit issue screen, yes? Because otherwise, I'm confused about what the transition screen is.

Removing the resolution field from the edit issue screen did not fix the problem. :/

Veera
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2020

@Sabrina Liao 

It's not the 'Edit Issue' screen. Screen linked to a particular workflow transition is different. Let me explain with an example.

1. In my JSD project, one of the issue types is mapped to workflow which has 'Resolve this issue' transition.
  2. You can find the correct workflow which is being used from Project Settings > Workflows page, and then click on the pencil icon to open the workflow in edit mode.
  3. Select the transition which is responsible for moving the ticket to the desired status. (In your case, you should identify the transition which puts the ticket into  'Auto-resolved' status).
  4. It'll show you the screen name which is being used during that transition. IN the example, 'JIRA Service Desk Resolve Issue Screen - 18' screen is being used for 'Resolve this issue' transition.1.png
  5. Click on the screen name to see the fields in it. There is 'Resolution' field in the example. When the user try to perform this transition, a pop-up screen will open to the users so that they can set resolution value.screen.png
  6. At the same time, there is a post-function in the workflow to set the 'Resolution' to Done.postfunction.png
  7. With this setup Jira will not trigger 'Resolve Issue' event.

The workaround proposed was to remove 'Resolution' field in the workflow transition screen (i.e., JIRA Service Desk Resolve Issue Screen - 18 from the example).

If there is no workflow transition screen with Resolution field in it in your case, it could be a different issue. In that case, please submit a ticket with the details in our Support Portal so that our Support team can check and get back to you.

My transition doesn't have a screen associated w/ it (I've also removed the 'Resolution' field from the only screen we use), so it looks like mine is a different issue. But thank you for the detailed explanation of what you were talking about.

Like Veera likes this
Veera
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2020

You are welcome @Sabrina Liao 

Yeah, it's a different issue then. If not already done, please submit a ticket in our support portal so that we can help you with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events