Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA doesn't change when changing the issue type

Bjarke Røjgaard Jensen October 7, 2020

Hi,

We have set up SLA in our service desk project and the SLA are set up different for each issue type. This works as it should when the issue is created on a specific issue type, but if we change an issue from one issue type to another, then the SLA is not changing with the issue type.

For "Incidents" we set up "Time to first response = 7:30 hours", but for "Service Requests" there are no SLA for "Time to first response". If I create a "service request" and then change it to an incident, the SLA for "Time to first response" doesn't apply. If I create an "Incident" and change it to "Service Request" the SLA for "Time to first response" doesn't go away.

Sometimes it just stops working all together.
Capture.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 12, 2023

Hi @Bjarke Røjgaard Jensen @Ursula Eitzen @Amali 

We did a similar case using the SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on (developed by our company), but it can also be repeated in JSM.

Just set one issue type as the Start SLA condition and all others as the Stop condition. In the second SLA, accordingly, a different type of issue is on the Start, and the others on the Stop.

For your case, it will look like this:
1.png

I hope I understood your request correctly and this solution will be helpful to you. With a 30-day trial, you can try it yourself.

Best regards,
Kateryna Vyshnevetska
Product Marketing Manager at SaaSJet

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

@Bjarke Røjgaard Jensen ,

could you share your SLA configuration? Mainly your goals here would be helpful.

Afaik, the trigger itself isn't a factor when moving to another issue type. Your goal definition however would define when a certain SLA Goal (the hours) are being applied.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

Theory - your SLA has “issue created” for starting the SLA. If you perform a move of an issue you miss the trigger of course. Inspect your start/pause/stop rules.

Bjarke Røjgaard Jensen October 18, 2020

Hi @Jack Brickey 

That sounds plausible, but how would I create a SLA, that had a moved or request type changed trigger? Are there any way I could get it to trigger on move or request type changed? Maybe I am going about this in the wrong way?  

Capture2.PNG

Ursula Eitzen June 16, 2021

Hi @Bjarke Røjgaard Jensen

Have you been able to resolve this issue? I am struggling with the same situation as the start conditions are very limited.

Thank you,
Ursula

Amali June 21, 2023

Hi @Bjarke Røjgaard Jensen @Ursula Eitzen @Jack Brickey 

I'm late to the conversation but I'm experience a similar issue and would like to know if there are established solutions already to this.

Thank you,

Amali.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events