Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SLA clock is not stopping after closing the ticket

Edited

After resolving the ticket, the SLA clock is not stopping although after changing in sla it is stoped for few minutes after that it again running continuously .

Pls suggest some solution

This ticket is closed on time ,but SLA clock is still running.

pls suggest some solution for thisXerox Sd.PNG

2 answers

Can you indeed share with us your SLA configuration?

Mainly the conditions would be helpful. Out of the box the Time To Resolution is stoppend when the "Resolution" field is set. 

I can suggest that you double check on those tickets if that is indeed set.

That's actually a great assumption. I would bet the problem is the resolution not being set when the issue is transitioned to a "resolved" status.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 15, 2021

Certainly the first thing to check. There was a bug about 2y back where this was indeed happening on occasion but that was long since corrected. 

in the attached snapshot the ticket has already met the SLA but the clock still running pls suggest 

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jan 15, 2021

Well your resolution seems to be set.

Only way to see if to share your configuration of the "Time to Resolution" SLA

please check the highlighted area (in red box) in the screenshot where the actual SLA is there in black box but the time to resolution window keeps on ticking and its not stopping at all 

Please note that I have set the SLA stops when resolution = set , enter status = resolved

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jan 15, 2021

@Sapna Sharma ,

The highlighted part of the screenshot indeed shows it is still running. What we need to see is the  configuration of the SLA itself. Cause if that is as you say "resolution set, status resolved" it might be a bug like @Jack Brickey says.

so screenshot of the configuration itself is what I'm looking for.

Attaching the Time to resolution SLA configuration snapshot for reference SLA Jira Sd.PNG, pls help me out for this issue

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jan 18, 2021

Resolution:SET and Resolution: Cleared seems fine to me. 

Could indeed be a bug then cause I personally don't see the mistake in your confguration.

I'd suggest going to a support ticket now: https://support.atlassian.com/contact

The SLA,  is resumed for those tickets where ticket is "closed" and customer has commented after the ticket is marked "closed"

does it make any issue?

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jan 18, 2021

Well in the screenshot of the ticket I can see a Resolution so that is not cleared.

Also that state is still closed so that should be fine.

@Dirk Ronsmans can you pls elaborate the solution that has been given by you.

@Dirk Ronsmans  can u pls elaborate the solution 

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jan 19, 2021

Hi @Sapna Sharma

Well I don't have a solution for you right now. I don't see anything wrong with the configuration.

What I can see, the timer should stop when you set the Resolution OR go to status Resolved.

It only starts up again on the Removal of the Resolution or one of those 3 statusses.

So either I'm missing something, or something is wrong with your environment.

Unless @Jack Brickey  has any ideas I'd suggest opening a ticket with the official support at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

0 votes
Iago Docando Community Leader Jan 15, 2021

Check the definition you've made for the start/stop triggers in https://<JIRA_URL>/servicedesk/admin/<PROJECT-KEY>/sla/custom

There's not much more anyone can suggest with the information at hand.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

225 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you