Restrict visibility of submitted ProForma forms to specific agents

Sam Thornton May 15, 2023

Hey all,

Is there any way of restricting a submitted ProForma form to only be visible within the issue to a specific team/agents within a Jira project?

For context, the form we'll need to develop will contain confidential data. However, the data in this form should only be visible to the engineers, and no other agents within our IT project.

I can only seem to find information about restricting the form from the customer portal within the visibility pages, but not for licensed agents.

We're using Jira Service Management data center, and have Extension for Jira Service Desk by Deviniti installed additionally to the ProForma app.

Many thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2023

Hey,

You can configure issue security scheme for your project to restrict access to the confidential data. You can create a new security level specifically for the engineers and limit access to that security level.
Assign the appropriate security level to the engineers' user group or individual users.

Configuring issue-level security

Might not be easy to set up if doing it for the first time.

Sam Thornton May 26, 2023

Hello!

Many thanks for getting back to me!

I've had a look through the documentation, but I've either mis-understood, or the issue level security doesn't go as granular as I'd like.

The ProForma form would be connected to a service request. However, I don't want to restrict all agents from being able to view service requests, only the specific form so only engineers can view it once its been submitted.

Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events