Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved tickets are not transitioning out of the open queue

Nal Huynh October 22, 2020

Resolved tickets are not transitioning out of the open queue. 

I have checked the queue filter and the workflow. There have been no changes to either of them. The queue worked as expected on 10/21/2020, but started having this behaviour on 10/22/2020.

I have tried clearing my cache then refresh the page. The issue temporarily disappears, but then appears in the open queue again after a few seconds.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2020

Can you verify that the resolution field is set? Can you provide a copy and paste of your filter that defines this Q?

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your response! Here's the JQL filter for the open queue that was previously set and has been working since we started using Jira until today.

status in ("Client Testing", "Commercial Discussion", "Fixed - Waiting for Patch", "Waiting for Customer", "Waiting for Support", "With Development", "With Hosted Ops", "With Support") ORDER BY created DESC, "Time to resolution" DESC

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2020

and what is the status of the issues still appearing in the queue that should not be?

One comment is that I'm not a fan of this type of JQL to define "open" issues. I prefer one of the following:

resolution is empty

statuscategory != done

the reason is that they are much more maintainable as the workflow changes and new statuses added. and it is more readable IMO. Using the resolution version requires you are setting and clearing the resolution field on resolving/reopening. The statuscategory works well if you are not using resolution field and you have well defined workflows with accurate statuscategory usage.

Hi Jack,

The current status of the ticket is "Resolved", which is still in the "Open" queue.

The ticket is now gone. Must have been a timing issue. 

Thanks for your help Jack!

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events