Required scopes for customer to create ticket via REST API with oAuth?

Dave Neeley December 11, 2020

As a customer (not an agent), I want to create service management tickets through my company's chat bot.

The chat bot uses oauth (3LO). My customer login already uses SSO and is associated with my company's service desk.

The documentation for the API states that creating tickets requires the `write:servicedesk-request` scope. However, with or without the scope my login fails with `You don't have an Atlassian User identity site to connect Company Bot Name to`.

What is needed to allow a customer to login to service management via the REST API?

2 answers

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2020

Hi @Dave Neeley 

With 3LO you're given authorization grant, JSM customers are not Jira users, so I do not think you can impersonate such users and I don't think login via REST for customer users even exist. So my suggestion is to have your chat bot as an agent create the tickets for each customer and assign the ticket to the customer as reporter.

0 votes
Dave Neeley December 11, 2020

It probably isn't a scope thing. Looks like a customer account in service desk doesn't get registered here.

AtlassianIdProfileProducts.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events