Request types available under ticket are not same as request types in project settings

John Dawson December 1, 2020

When I have a support ticket in my queue and enter a ticket to change the "request type", the options available ("report a bug" and "investigate a problem":

requestType1.png

are not the same as the ones I have created (four below):

requestType2.png

Why can I not choose from the four request types listed above on my ticket?

Thanks,

John

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2020

Hi,

Please check what issue types are linked to request types which you don't see on the dropdown. I guess that they use different issue type, so this is why they're not listed. If you move the request to another issue type, options in the Request type list change.

Kate

Hi Kate, okay, thanks. In Project Settings -> Request Types I can see that:

REQUEST TYPE                  = ISSUE TYPE

Report a bug                      = bug

Submit a request                = widget request selector

Suggest an idea                  = amend existing

Suggest an improvement   = New suggestion

So nowhere is listed a request type "Investigate a problem"... Could the field in the support ticket be using some default request types built into Jira rather than the four I have created above?

Thanks - John

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2020

Are you 100% sure that you check correct configuration? VSD is from Voice project? Because it looks like somebody change the name of request type.

Do you use translations? Maybe somebody tested them and made weird translation "suggest an improvement" - "Investigate a problem"...

I guess that I achieve the limit of possible reasons :/ 

Like John Dawson likes this
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
December 1, 2020

When you open Create Issue dialog (in Jira, not on the portal), what Request types do you see in the Type field?

When I choose "type" from the dropdown it seems like it's taking the first item from "service requests" and then the first item from "problems"... whatever that is?! It wouldn't be something to do with Screens, would it? I haven't really touched those.... Where is it pulling "problems" from?

Thanks for your help with this

requestType.png

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
December 1, 2020

Thanks for the screen. It helps :)

Investigate a problem is not defined as a Service Requests - this is why you don't see this option on the screen which you uploaded at the beginning (from configuration). To find Investigate a problem, you have to go under Project settings > Request Types > Incidents.

In case of dropdown, only Report a bug and Investigate a problem use the same Issue Type. When you're in configuration, click on each of them and check in the Agent view or Request form what issue types are used (For example: Agents see these fields when they work on a customer's request of this type. Drag and drop to order your fields. To add or edit fields, go to the View issue screen for issue type [System] Service request.)

Thanks, Kate. I think I have sorted it... Instead of "Request Type" in the fields I needed "Select Request Type".

Basically I have it set up so a user can submit an issue through the widget on my site. They select from a dropdown which request type it is and then I can change it from within the ticket. I was trying to do this with "Request Type" which just labels it rather than allowing me options to select!

Thanks for all your help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events