Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Types

Katherine Stevens January 23, 2020

When I am editing a ticket in Service Desk, the Request Type drop down menu only shows one request type.  I've created 3 request types.  What am I doing wrong?edit screen.PNGRequest type.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi Katherine,

Jira will only show you the request types that match to the issue type of the issue you are editing.   If you need a different request type you will have to use more actions - Move to the issue type that matches to the request type.

Hope that helps

Susan

Thanks for responding Susan!

When the request is created, the request type defaults to None.  However, the Default issue type should be Inquiry.  So that's why I don't understand why there isn't a drop down where I can select which request type.none.PNGdefault issue type.PNG

Fernando June 24, 2020

This whole issue type and request type is very counter-intuitive in my opinion. 

Like # people like this
1 vote
Katherine Stevens January 24, 2020

Susan - I found out the problem and solution!  We have backbone sync.  I have a Jira instance and also a Service Desk instance.  When I create a ticket in Jira it syncs to Service Desk.  I had a set a default in that sync to a different request type.  That's why all tickets coming into our Service Desk were Document Rendering.  I reset the default in the backbone sync to Inquiry, and now it's working!  I knew it had to be something easy.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Great news.  I'm not familiar with backbone sync, but makes sense it was something like that.   Please accept answer.

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

Hi,

Have you set up your request types?  What does the request type configuration look like?

Susan

Request type2.PNG

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

So if your issue type is "Inquiry" you can only select "General Support Request" as your request type.

Thanks so much for your help Susan!

I see what you are saying now.  Thank you!  Yes, that is the way it should work, However, the request comes in with no request type listed.  However, it looks like it may be defaulting to Document Rendering.  Why would it default to Document Rendering if I have Inquiry selected as my default? I'm guessing at this because the icon by the ticket number CSSD-196 is the same icon as Document Rendering.  I would like the request type to default to Inquiry.

Thanks!!!!

ticket1.png

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

Hi

When you say when it "comes in", do you mean it comes in by email?  In that case you you need to check the set up on email and perhaps you have it defaulting to "document rendering".  You can choose the request type that is to be set when an issue is emailed in.

Maybe that is what is happening?

S

It's coming in through backbone sync.  When I went to Project Settings -> Email Requests.  I clicked the ... and configure email request types, but nothing happened.  Nothing came up or changed on my screen.  Is there another way to edit the emailed request type?

Thanks you so muchportl.PNG

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

Hi,

At this point I'm out of my depth as I have a server version.  But I suspect maybe you need to set up the email:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/

Hope that hleps

Susan

Thanks for all of your help Susan!  

Do you know if it is even possible to change the associated issue type with the emailed request - request type?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

Yes definitely.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events