Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Participants - blocking some email addresses

Support Agent October 20, 2020

Hi There, 

Sometimes I receive a ticket from external customer. It comes through the support desk and they are requesting me to send a reply also to their colleague who have never sent a support ticket through us before. They would mention their email address in a support ticket but the person is not CC-ed. 

What I found is that when I then copy that email address into - request participants - it often times returns with: 

'No matches found' - (please see screenshot below)

Does that mean I can only add the email addresses that have sent support tickets / were CC-ed in the past? 

If you could advise, that would be the most helpful. NoMatchesFound.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2020

Hello @Support Agent,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

For agents to be able to share a ticket with someone that still doesn't have an account, there are two options:

• Add the new customer to the project by going the Project > Customers > Add customers. After that, go back to the ticket and add this new customer as a participant. Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 17.15.59.png
  • From the ticket, click on "View request in portal" and on Share, type the email address. You will see an option to click and invite the customer.Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 17.13.23.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-21 at 17.14.28.png

From the agent view, it's not possible to create an account, so you will need to follow those steps in order to add them as participants. 

Regards,
Angélica

Support Agent October 22, 2020

Thank you, that was very useful!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Andreas Lärkfeldt March 5, 2021

Also - if you want users to be automatically added to Request Participants - change Customer Permissions to:
- Anyone on the web

AND

Customers can search for other customers within their organizations, or manually enter the email address of other customers within their project

But it depends on if you want to have an open service desk or not :) (it will however work like a charm!)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events