Request Creation via JIRA REST API

Tomi Ilori March 15, 2021

I would like to make HTTP requests to an external companies Jira Service Desk using the Jira REST API.

The site is "openbanking.atlassian.net". I would like to make HTTP requests to this website in order to create requests and possibly update open customer requests.

I got in contact with them and they said the following:

"We do not support the Jira REST API service. The access token is not something that we generate. We would not be able to advise how to use it or assist if you encounter any issues with it. It would be best to raise any queries on using the REST API, including generating your access token, with Atlassian directly". 

I would like to make these requests from a hosted script not from my associated Atlassian website.

If this is possible, it would greatly be appreciated if I could be pointed in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 vote
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hi @Tomi Ilori 

Welcome to community!

You can refer to the JIRA JSM cloud rest api documentation in https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/intro/

For access to the target instance, you should still connect with the application admin of that JIRA instance.

Tomi Ilori March 15, 2021

Hi @Fazila Ashraf 

Sorry but I need to ask what you mean when you say:

"For access to the target instance, you should still connect with the application admin of that JIRA instance."

As mentioned in my post I attempted to contact them about that JIRA instance, to which they replied:

"We do not support the Jira REST API service. The access token is not something that we generate. We would not be able to advise how to use it or assist if you encounter any issues with it. It would be best to raise any queries on using the REST API, including generating your access token, with Atlassian directly"

So does that mean that it is not possible to interact with their service desk via API

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

@Tomi Ilori  , it is possible to interact with JSM via reset API. I have already given you the supported documentation link for the same.

openbanking.atlassian.net looks like a JIRA cloud instance. Atlassian would handle the infra of this Saas application but the access management will still have to be done by the organization who uses openbanking.atlassian.net

You will have to ask the JIRA admin in openbanking.atlassian.net for access to their JIRA setup. If you refer to the link i shared, you will understand that Basic authentication is supported. So no oauth token would be necessary. 

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events