Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repsonse time calculation defect

Ranjith Parmel July 30, 2020

I am trying to pull report with "Projecct Nam", "Created Dated", "Date first response". So when i put ......within the last 5 minutes then it shows 0 result i tried till 1 hour still zero. In general there is 100 tickets. 

So is it querying all first time resolution in last 5 mins from current time withing the specific prject and date define ?

Isn't that the query should be straight forward of within 5 mins of any ticket created within the date range.

I am looking for all tickets which took more than 10 for first time response or before 10 mins within specific date.

image.png

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2020

Hello @Ranjith Parmel

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira does not have a system field called "Date first response", so I believe this is a date picker or date/time picker custom field you created to have the date where the first answer was added to the issue. Is that correct?

Additionally, I suppose that the "Created Dated" field is the system field "created" which is automatically filled with the issue creation date and time. Is that correct?

If that's the case, the JQL selected will consider the exact value added to the issue field and run it against the filter selected. Additionally, this time filter (within the last/More than) works in a different way for Date/time picker and Date picker fields.

Let me give you a practical example to better explain it:

1. Let's suppose you created an issue (issue A) 10 minutes ago and updated the "Date first response" with the current date (2020-07-31)
  2. The "Created" field Is a Date/time picker, however, the "Date first response" is a Date picker
  3. Then, you configured your JQL query to return issues created with the last 15 minutes, with the "Date first response" within the last 5 minutes

The results of the query above will return the issue A, because the issue was created within the last 15 minutes (10 minutes ago) and the "Date first response" is a date picker field, so it will consider the current date select based on the time configured (Within the last 5 minutes, would consider the current date).

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events