Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporter does not receive email confirmation or reply of issues

Robert Czekański October 6, 2020

Hi, 

I have problem on one of uor users. Whent this user puts new issue (our form, api is used) to Jira SD, then usaly is send to him/her confirmation of this with an issue numer, and then our replys. But I have one user which does not receive such emails, and we do not know why. On email logs there is no trace of incoming mails from Jira, and email adress is correct, but we dont know what is going on here.

Please, help me what to check to have it right. 

Best regards, 

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2020

@Robert Czekański 

The best way to find out the exact problem is you need to go in notification schemes then select the notification helper from there you can find out the exact problem why the email notifications are not been triggered to user.

0 votes

@Fahad Siddiqui thank you, this is saying that this user should receiving mails... but it doesnt. There is nothing at spam, and there is nothing elsewhere :( 

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2020

@Robert Czekański can you please share me the screen shot of notification helper? 

@Fahad Siddiqui here you are, the same is for "issue commented" and "issue closed"

Zrzut ekranu 2020-10-06 134330.png

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2020

@Robert Czekański can you check the Group name and role of the user and compare with another user who is receiving the email notification

@Fahad Siddiqui it's the same - custom role (Service Desk Customer) and we don't add a groups. 

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2020

@Robert Czekański Do one thing

GO in 

Edit Notifications in Issue Created click on add then in Events select  Single User and add that user email address. Refresh and test again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events