Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to email of a resolved issue automatically giving 1 star customer satisfaction

Trevor Clark November 11, 2019

When a user replies to an email of a resolved issue, it automatically gives a 1 star customer satisfaction for that issue. 
How do we stop this? As the end user is unaware of the score they are giving and it makes our stats look very bad!

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

Hello Trevor,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I tried to replicate this issue on my test site, but it didn't add any stars when replying to the notification, so I'll ask some questions for us to better understand and to try to find what is causing this issue.

• Is this issue happening in all cases when customers reply to the notification?
  • Do they add, for example, 5 stars and then when they reply it changes to 1 star or they don't click on any star and just reply?
  • Are they using a specific mail client when it happens? For example, outlook or thunderbird. 
  • Is it happening if someone replies using Gmail or another email using the web instead of software?
  • If possible, can you add a test account you own as a customer in the project, open the ticket in the portal as a customer and then close the issue with your admin account, just to generate the notification and you try to replicate this behavior?

Sorry for this bunch of questions. I found only one ticket with our support and they are investigating this issue since July, so we need as much information as possible to find the root cause.

Regards,
Angélica

Trevor Clark November 13, 2019

Thanks Angelica. 

Our email platform is Outlook is via office 365. I have just ran another test and found that replying via the outlook web browser client, this did not happen. With the same ticket and email i then replied via full desktop outlook 365 client on a Windows 10 machine did give a 1 star! 

Are you able to recreate with the above method? 

Regards

Trevor.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019

Hi Trevor,

We tested here using Office365 on Mac and Windows, but the issue didn't happen.

I found two new cases with our support related to the same issue and I've been watching the tickets to get more details.

Can you please check the history of the tickets if it shows who made the changes to the star rating? If possible, send us a screenshot.

Regards,
Angélica

Trevor Clark November 18, 2019

Hi angelica, please see below screenshot from this morning.Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 16.34.03.pngScreenshot 2019-11-18 at 16.31.38.pngmorning.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2019

Thank you for the information, Trevor.

I’ve been watching the tickets and the internal bug, but there are now new updates and none of them confirmed if the issue happened only when using outlook.

To better investigate this issue, I’ll create a ticket with our support, because the next step would be checking the mail header of the email where you replied and added 1 star, and as it contains sensitive information, we won’t post here.

I’ll create a ticket and add all the information and tests and after it’s created, you will receive a confirmation email.

As you tested and were able to replicate, go to the Sent emails folder, right-click on the email you sent to Service Desk (the one that added 1 star to the ticket) and click on “View source”. Please, post the header of the email on the ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events