Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to customer email functionality

Asaf December 6, 2019

Hello,

I have Jira Service Desk serving as a help desk for an organization to capture requests  via the portal feature. Once a a request is submitted via the Portal, one of the Agents then attends to the ticket and communicates with the requester via the "Reply to customer" feature.  I noticed, however, that the message does not always get emailed back to the requester.

How can I  diagnose  and solve this problem?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Jakub Paś August 25, 2020

This feature still does not work. Different emails tested. None of them worked

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2022

Hello @Karsten Schulze,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and for testing the possibilities I mentioned.

Other than those, if specific customers are not receiving notifications it can be some block that we can remove. For example, if the inbox was unavailable at some point and the notification was sent it then was bounced and new notifications will be bounced as well. With this said, if it’s specific customers then we would need the email address or the domain so we can bulk check and remove those bounces. If you don't want to share it here since it's public, you can raise a support ticket on support.atlassian.com/contact.

You mentioned you are using your own test accounts, is it the same agent account or is it a personal account? 

By default in Jira, we don’t receive updates about our own changes, so in case you create a test ticket and you are the reporter or participant or member of an organization the ticket is shared with and also the assignee, it’s expected that you won’t receive notifications. For that, it’s necessary to go to Profile picture > Personal settings and select the option You make changes to the issue > Save changes.

Also, Issue security is something that prevents customer notifications from being sent in case  Service Project Customer - Portal Access or Reporter is not added to the Security Level.

You can check the Security Levels on Project settings > Issue security.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hello Asaf,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When a request is created via the portal or email, the reporter will always receive a notification when public comments are added.

If the reporter is not receiving the notification, the most common causes are:

• The request type is empty (shows as "No match").
  • The customer opt-out for notifications in the portal.
  • Some issues on their side where the emails are being rejected.

Just for further clarification, can you please let us know if this issue happens for all customers and all tickets?

Is it happening only with the reporter or also participants and members of an organization (in case the ticket is shared)?

Regards,
Angélica

Karsten Schulze March 24, 2022

Dear Angélica,

we have the same or a similar issue: none of the public comments ("reply to customer") ever reaches the recipient (author of the ticket).

Going through your potential cause list:

• The request type is empty (shows as "No match"). --> in our case the request type is set (e-mailed request)
  • The customer opt-out for notifications in the portal. --> nope. we are using our own test accounts. Tickets are being generated via direct e-mail so no interaction with portal (where opt-out could be set) at all.
  • Some issues on their side where the emails are being rejected. --> nope as well because other (automated) e-mails such as auto-reply upon opening the ticket are being received without problem.

Some further points I checked:

• Project settings > customer notifications: activated for "public comment added"
  • Project settings > notifications: issue commented set for Author, observers/followers and assigned person.

Any help where I could further look is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Karsten

Karsten Schulze March 28, 2022

@Angélica Luz : any help, please?

Soporte EITB August 9, 2023

Same issue as Karsten.

Is there any solution to solve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events