Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to Customer Not Sending Email to Customer/Reporter

Jeff Fenner July 25, 2019

We just enabled our Service Desk feature and enabled emails going to our help email automatically create service desk entries. However, we're finding that when we use the reply to customer feature emails aren't being sent to the Reporter. What are we missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2019

1) check your global mail setting are configured correctly

2 ) Go to service desk project setting

3) Go to " notification" tab and here you will see the notification scheme settings. check the settings there. i think those configurations are missing. 

Jenny Thompson November 3, 2020

This worked thanks

Aloshan Dookie May 14, 2021

thank you, try sending from an external address

6 votes
Tuan LM October 17, 2019

For the sake of those searching around for this problem and still remains confused after reading the accepted answer. My team painfully figured this out below!

Two things may have (jointly) happened.

Problem 1. You used the same email you signed up for Jira to test as customer

By default, Jira Service desk will notify customers via email with your reply.

BUT due to poor usability from Atlassian, the reply pre-confingured to exclude the sender (which is this case is also yourself) -> so that's why you won't receive the reply.

2 ways to solve this

1. just send from a non-jira-user email

2. (for testing only) Go to Project Settings > Customer notifications and uncheck "Exclude person who caused the action" (do this only for testing purpose, otherwise it gets annoying)

SenderAndCustomerAreTheSamePersonSoReplyEmailNotSent.png

Problem 2. The reply went to spam

1. Check your spam folder. The email should be there if Problem 1 does not exist

Carlyle Brown August 18, 2020

I did all the above and reply to customer emails are not being sent. Can anyone else shed some light on this difficulty, sending replies that are not being sent is counter productive

Tuan LM August 18, 2020

Hi Carlyle, just making sure, you used a different email that you signed up for Jira for this (to solve Problem 1)

You then Reply to customer email, check the spam folder (solution to Problem 2) but did not find anything?

If that is the case, you may want to wait a little, Atlassian email system is clunky and may take a while to send emails.

If after 24 hours you still don't see the email, I recommend switching to a different system!

I am a loyal fan of Atlassian, used it on ALL our projects so I also know its limitation. Our team initially was very excited to use Service Desk to serve external customer but finally ditched that effort. It's just so much more effort and still not getting what we want. Check out Zendesk or Hubspot for customer facing support. Granted it's not linked to Atlassian but it's much less a pain in the ass. We may need to wait for Jira Service Desk to be revamped!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events