Remove status from portal once the ticket is in a certain status

Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

Hi,

I have a workflow with the transition "all" to the Resolved status - and it's visible to our customers in portal. We like it how it is - but it's somehow possible to remove the status Resolve in the portal, once is used by the customer, or when the ticket is in the closed status?

Thanks.

1 answer

2 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Albert Manuel ,

Do you mean you would like to have a different visible status in the portal than the actual status of the issue? In the portal, there's always a status, you cannot hide it, but you can make the portal status (visible to customers) different to the actual one from the issue.

Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

Actually no. I have a status Resolved in the portal, where customers can close their own issues - and I want after they use that option to disappear from them. This is not happening now because the status Resolved has all attribute/transition, meaning that anyone can transition to that at any point in time.

I know that I ask for a lot....but...just asking if a possibility exists..

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Thanks for the clarification. In that case, you can add a condition to the resolve transition, for example:

• User Is In Group
  • User is in Project Role
  • Only Assignee Condition

Unless portal users should also be able to resolve issues of course. In that case, you would need to redesign the workflow and replace the global resolve transition by multiple transitions from the desired statuses.

In my opinion, a Closed issue should not be able to transition (back) to Resolved.

For more information, see: Advanced workflow configuration

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events