Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove default queues in ITSM project?

Johan Törnblom December 9, 2020

I'm currently working on setting up a support project for a company web site. I like some of the features of the IT Service Management project template, mainly the Operations functions.

Where I have a hard time is the default queues sections of the left-hand menu: no matter what I try, I cannot seem to hide or remove the queue groups related to request type ("Service requests", "Incidents", "Problems", "Changes").

What I've tried so far:

• Removing the request types
  • Removing the portal groups
  • Deleting the queues in the groups (I cannot delete the last queue in a group)

It can't really be by design that I'm not allowed to configure my own set of request types with their respective queue group, can it?

We're currently on the free plan, if that makes a difference.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2020

Hello @Johan Törnblom,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The queues Service Requests, Incidents, Problems, and Changes are based on the four categories that are part of the ITSM template and it's not possible to remove that. 

Currently, there are no feature requests suggesting the option to remove those main categories, so please, feel free to raise a feature on jira.atlassian.com (project JSDCLOUD) adding more details about why this feature would be important for your environment.

Regards,
Angélica

Johan Törnblom December 11, 2020

I'm thinking maybe the problem is me trying to use the ITSM template for something that it is not intended.

Thank you for the answer!

Like # people like this
MichielPC April 8, 2021

Yes and no. If you use a queue for plugins like deviniti (https://deviniti.com/support/addon/cloud/queues/latest/getting-started-que/), it is rather confusing to have the Queues on top, and the actual queues you need to use in the bottom of the list. 

This gives a very awkward user experience for agents and they all have to be told to not use the queues feature. I would love to be able to manage this myself, but this is not possible right now. Capture.PNG

Simon Tost [TNG] February 10, 2022

Soo, is there a feature request to be able to remove these 'queue-sections', now?

Feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9824

Like MichielPC likes this
MichielPC March 24, 2022

Thanks Simon!

I upvoted it and put a comment there to help gather interest.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Those are new and part of the larger ITSM JSM. To my understanding these cannot be removed. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events