Redirect user to jira "backend" instead of jira customer portal after creation

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

For a very specific use case we want our users to create their tickets via the Jira customer portal and follow-up on them in Jira, not on the portal.

After creation on the portal the user is immediately brought to the page where the issue details are visible.
Would it be possible to change that behavior with a script and redirect them to Jira?
I'm not asking for the exact script, just for the feasibility to do this? I'm not sure whether scriptrunner is able to change that kind of behavior.

Example:

• Now the customer end up on <jira-url>/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/1/TEST-65
  • I want them to end up automatically on: <jira-url>/browse/TEST-65

Note: those users have a jira license of course.

If a script can not do this I'm thinking of creating a reverse proxy rule. It should be quite easy but the environment does not have a reverse proxy at the moment.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Behaviours can't do this, the landing place post-creation is done in code.

There is a simple way to do it though - turn the project into a non-servicedesk project.  As you're not using the portal, turning it into a Sofware or Core project would mean people use the issue creation screen and then use the issue view as you want them to.

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

Thanks for your answer Nic.

That's a good point but those requirements are not mine.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events