Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recourses for sequence/steps to setting up custom IT Helpdesk.

Service Net March 12, 2021

Hello,

I'm setting up a new helpdesk for my company, I've made good progress on achieving and idea of what I want but progress is a bit frustrating at times.  The majority of it tends to be from me doing everything custom from scratch and blowing away most of the default templates.  I'm trying to tailor everything custom to the specific types of requests we will be handling from users to get as much relevant information from them up front, and limiting non relevant information they are able to enter in the initial tickets.

The issue I'm having (which applies to learning anything new) is I'm stuck re-doing a lot of work or back tracking a lot.  Like being nearly complete with a ticket to find out i missed a screen, issue, or workflow scheme.   Or in order for an automation to be targeted to a specific type of issue without scripting/coding a rule it needs to be targeting an issue, not a request.

I'm hoping someone can recommend some sort of sequence of operations such as:

1. Plan out the Issues/requests your team handles

2. Group like Issues/Requests into categories.

3. Identify which members are able to work on which issues/requests.

4. Setup Screen schemes for each request/issue group

5. setup workflow schemes for each request/work group

ect...  Is there any type of guide/workflow out there to minimize the back tracking?  I've looked through the catalogue and most of the guides are generic/super basic and not this involved.  Or am I shooting myself in the foot by going this deep?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events