Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive maximum number of notifications?

helpdesk January 6, 2020

HI

We use next-gen projects and are receiving the below message.  What does this mean?  Is there a limit to number of email notifications using the Free version?

Email notifications are off until 06/Jan/20

You've sent the maximum number of notifications in 1 day for your plan. Upgrade to keep collaborating with your tea

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hello there,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The email notifications for the Free plan are limited to 100 per day. If the maximum notifications are reached, then it’s paused until the next day.

You can find more details about the limitations in the documentation below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Chris Knowlton January 22, 2020

@Angélica Luz  What are the limits on the other plans? Does standard have a limit?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hello @Chris Knowlton

The Standard and Premium plan doesn't have limitation for notifications.

Regards,
Angélica

Eric Stevens January 23, 2020

Angelica,

We have the same issue.

But, we are already on a standard plan (I verified by following the link to the "Manage Subscriptions" and it clearly lists "Standard Plan" for both Jira and Confluence).

So, how do we remove the limit (and stop the popup from appearing on every page load) if we are already on a Standard plan?

SNAG-000464.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2020

Hi @Eric Stevens,

I’ve checked that your email is associated with three sites. On two of them, you are a site-admin.

I can’t share any private information here, but just you to better understand I’ll mention site “J” and site “S” that are the initials.

On site “J” there are Confluence and Jira Software Free and on site “S” there are the same products but is the Standard plan.

As you are using the same email, probably you are logged in on site “J”, the Free one, and on my.atlassian.com you saw the information for site “S” that it’s standard.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Eric Stevens January 24, 2020

Thanks for the reply. 

Before we purchased Jira/Confluence a few months ago, we did have two other trial sites where we experimented with different setups and plugins (the two "j" sites), but they are currently 100% unused and should expire and be shut down at some point, I assume.   I have not purposefully logged into them in a while and the notification I screenshot-ed above was happening yesterday on our primary "startex" site.   Is there a chance that the notice was for one of the "j" sites but appearing while navigating to pages on the "startex" site?   And, if so, why would that notification be triggered from a site that is not being used by anyone anymore (how could it hit a "limit")?

Eric Stevens January 24, 2020

Standard plan projects do appear to have a daily limit. 

We reached it again today on our standard plan project.

I attached a screenshot showing the alert clearly on our "startex" project, which you already confirmed was on a "standard" plan.

So, how do we "upgrade" to not have a limit?

image.png

Chris Knowlton January 24, 2020

Eric, I had to have Jira support fix this for us, it sounds like a very similar situation, we had been running free, then a standard trial period, then we fully signed up and paid. This limitation didn't automatically clear the transition as far as we can tell.

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/

Like # people like this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2020

Thank you for the information, Eric.

This is a limitation when using the trial version of Jira and sometimes this limitation is not removed when upgrading the plan. Only support can remove fix this since we can't share any private information here.

Please, do as @Chris Knowlton suggested and access our support channel to create a ticket.

Like Sean Thompson likes this
Sean Thompson April 16, 2020

Thanks for the replies in this thread - this was helpful for my issue today!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Roland October 19, 2020

How on earth is this bug not fixed 9 months later?

We invited 100+ users to our support portal on the free plan. Now we have exhausted our email allocations.

We upgraded to the paid plan but it still wont send emails.

We now have a complete outage as new customers cannot sign up and login as they do not get the verification email.

You could at least warn when inviting 100+ users "This will exhaust your email notifications rendering your support portal useless for new users until you contact support and wait 24 hours".

Like # people like this
Roland October 19, 2020

@Angélica Luz please help. We raised a support ticket.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2020

Hello @Roland,

Thank you for reaching out!

I can see that your ticket is already in our support queue and soon someone will contact you.

Here in community we don't have access to remove the email limit, so we need to wait for our support team.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Niklas Borgstedt October 13, 2023

Hello,

I just wanted to let you now, that 3 years later this is still a problem. 

I have upgraded from Jira Software Cloud Standard (!!) to Jira Software Cloud Premium and now I have a limit to my mails. 
Even worse, when you dont have a limit in your previous (standard) plan and your company relies on the mails and than you pay double the price and have this bug known for minimum 3 years. 

Have opened a support ticket but maybe this helps somebody in the future.

BR

Niklas

0 votes
carlos.marin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2021

Hi, 

in this page it's stated that there is a limit for email notifications:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-free-jira-cloud-plan/

But in the comparision of the plans in the "pricing" tab it's stated "unlimited email:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/pricing

2021-08-10 11_31_37-unlimited emai notifications.png

is correct the "pricing" page?

Best regards!

Dario B
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2021

Hi @carlos_marin - ENTELGY - ,

Please make sure you review the whole thread before re-asking a question that was already addressed (in my reply from  Apr 01, 2021):

As you can see on pricing plan summary, the unlimited notifications are only for IT operations management (ITOM), not for IT service management (ITSM).

Let me try to further clarify:

Jira Service Management is bundling together different products that already existed before under different names. For example:

• Jira Service Desk (Service Management)
  • Opsgenie (Operation Management)
  • Insight (Asset Management)

In other words, the unlimited notifications are for Opsgenie only, not for JSD. Also, the notifications limit is explicitly mentioned in below 2 documentation pages:

Please review above comment and the successive replies for details. 

Cheers,
Dario 

0 votes
MD. Gause Shibli November 23, 2020

Then please change your pricing plan page to show the correct information otherwise this is extremely misleading. Though I have upgraded to standard plan and rolled across my organization and now having to wait for other users to create their account. Capture.PNG

Dario B
Atlassian Team
November 24, 2020

@MD. Gause Shibli  I can see you already contacted support and they removed the limitation for you since you are on a standard plan. Can you confirm the issue is solved?

Cheers,
Dario

nwright_hgs March 31, 2021

@Dario B 

We have just run into this same issue today. Where on the pricing page is this limit mentioned? I would not have bulk-invited our 100 staff if I had known this would happen! :-/

As @MD. Gause Shibli says, the pricing page says "free forever for 3 agents" and "unlimited email" (as highlighted in the screenshot).

I don't have the possibility of upgrading to standard at the moment. How do I contact support about this?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2021

@MD. Gause Shibli @nwright_hgs 

As you can see on pricing plan summary, the unlimited notifications are only for IT operations management (ITOM), not for IT service management (ITSM).

Let me try to further clarify:

Jira Service Management is bundling together different products that already existed before under different names. For example:

• Jira Service Desk (Service Management)
  • Opsgenie (Operation Management)
  • Insight (Asset Management)

In other words, the unlimited notifications are for Opsgenie only, not for JSD. Also, the notifications limit is explicitly mentioned in below 2 documentation pages:

Once this has been said, I am forwarding your feedback to the product team asking to add the notifications limit to the pricing plan summary since this can indeed cause confusion. 

Cheers,
Dario

Like Ivailo Ivanov likes this
nwright_hgs April 1, 2021

Thank you @Dario B. I think updating the pricing page would be a big help, especially given the URL/title of the page ("Pricing - Jira Service Management | Atlassian"). Despite the hard-to-miss ITOM subheading just above, having scrolled down a page with such a title and heading there is no indication about the limit.

I suspect the answer will be no, but just in case -- is there a counter available somewhere (in the UI or exposed via an API) which will help me keep track of this limit..?

Like # people like this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2021

Hi @nwright_hgs , 

I have asked to have the documentation updated. I believe this won't happen over-night, but I really hope that a mention about the notifications limit will be added to the pricing page too very soon, so that we avoid causing confusion on this topic again in the future. :) 

Have a nice weekend!

Dario

Like Ivailo Ivanov likes this
Ivailo Ivanov June 22, 2021

Hello, @Dar + 1 on this topic!

I've just faced this limitation of the Jira Free plan and it was not clear at all on the pricing page that such limitation applies. 

Can you also advise which notifications are considered ITSM and which ITOM? As I understand it customer service notifications are limited while internal Jira notifications aren't - is this correct?

Have a wonderful day!

Dario B
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2021

Hi @Ivailo Ivanov ,

In simple words: OpsGenie (ITOM) notifications are unlimited, while all the Jira and Confluence ones are limited to 100.

I hope this explains.

Cheers,
Dario

Ivailo Ivanov June 23, 2021

Hello Dario, 

I am afraid I still don't understand which are OpsGenie (ITOM) notifications, please elaborate. What I would like to understand is if this limit affects notifications to service projects customers or not? 

Thank you!

Dario B
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2021

Hi @Ivailo Ivanov ,

The limit applies to all the Jira notifications. This means that Service Desk projects and customers notifications are affected by this limit. 

The only product that is not affected by the limit is OpsGenie. For further details on what OpsGenie is you can review below links: 

I hope this clarifies.

Cheers,
Dario

Ivailo Ivanov June 23, 2021

Thank you, Dario! 

Like Dario B likes this
0 votes
David Valle July 10, 2020

@Angélica Luz  hello, I have 3 tools: jira software cloud, confluence and service desk , all with free plan, My question is if I buy the standard license of service desk , Would we no longer have a limit on email notifications?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 17, 2020

Hello @David Valle , 

If you get a standard license for Jira Service Desk then you will have no limitation on Jira Service Desk notifications. 

The Standard and Premium plan doesn't have limitation for notifications.

Like # people like this
David Valle July 20, 2020

Thanks for the reply my friend 

Like Dario B likes this
Zane Bartlett November 23, 2021

Hi, I just want to say that this messaging error has absolutely changed my perspective on JSM. This was something our team wanted to try out for a few months before likely upgrading. With a team of 3 service members, and turning on the notifications to let customer's know that we've received the issue, means that we get about 50 messages to send out a day. Which is about 17 emails for each user. That is virtually unusable, and seems to be really counter to the "free forever" messaging. The fact that there can only be three individual users as well as the other limitations in the free plan seemed plenty enough reason to allow unlimited messaging. Even keeping the term as "notification" still seems unintuitive. That may be what Atlassian calls it, but that's not what I think most people would first understand it as without further digging. Nothing in the description makes it super clear that it's related to replying to customers. "customer alert action" is not what I think of when I think I'm replying to a customer2021-11-23 12_01_53-Window.png

Anyway, I actually got this solution approved a few months ago, I believe before the pricing page was updated, and now I need to go back and rework everything or upgrade. We will likely upgrade for this year just because we have ALREADY gone live with this and got everyone's buy-in. However, I have serious doubt we would trust Atlassian to properly communicate it's products in the future, and will be heavily considering our other options. If anyone has been burned further even after the upgrade to standard, I would love to know before we go through this twice. Thank you!

0 votes
Jaishree Raman May 18, 2020

Angelica,

I am having a similar issue with emails. I am on the standard Plan and have 9 users.

HELP!

Jaishree

image.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2020

Hello @Jaishree Raman,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Your case is similar to another one in this thread. 

Sometimes when upgrading your plan, the notification limit is not removed, and currently, only support can remove fix this.

Please, reach out to support.atlassian.com/contact and they will help you with this issue.

Regards,
Angélica

Alok Gupta May 26, 2020

Is there a way to disable this notification?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2020

Hello @Alok Gupta,

Welcome to Community!

It's not possible to remove this notification, because it's what will let admins know that the limit was reached.

I saw that your site is a standard one, so you can follow the steps I mentioned on my previous comment and ask your administrator to contact support.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events