Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read queue permission for users Jira Service Desk

Marek Ochab September 18, 2018

Hello,

I want to give read permission for all users (not only agents) to Jira Service Desk queue (in our scenario all users can show current open task). Could someone tell me is that possible without purchasing license for Agent User?

Best Regards,

Mark

2 answers

1 vote
PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2018

Cześć Marku 

<switch to EN mode ON>

It is not possible this way. The queues are native functionalities of JIRA SD and therefore use of queues is strictly related to LICENSED JIRA SD agents. 

1. However there is a possible workaround: JIRA SD projects allow to have RO access to view issues for non-agents (visibility of queues, SLAs in tickets directly and some other stuff are excluded, but apart from that all issues data are available). So if You create set of JQL filters matching your queues filters you will be able to retrieve the same issues as in queues. Then it is about setting up either filter sharing/subscription or dashboard gadgets based on those. As the addition - with Confluence setup You could share JQLs directly or dashboard gadgets to Confluence pages.

2. For Customer access - Customer accessing Portal by default have access only to own issues using portal. You may extend that using Organizations (however there are few concerns about it, including security) to allow sharing issues by the customer or SD agents with all Organisation members. Still - it will be portal view, or for licensed JIRA users (non-SD -agents) - RO view as above.

Marek Ochab September 18, 2018

Cześć ;)

From technical side it means that I have to grant access for browseable project, set filters and share them to users? There is no possible to grant access for eg. only open list issues ? (I mean user can see in own dashboard how many tickets are open but cannot view details eg. description, comments, etc.)

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2018

If they are customer, they will be able to clock, Open issue and comment inside JIRA. But nothing like fancy RO vwrsion od SS project view.

Abracadabra August 14, 2020

Hi Marek!

Did you manage to solve your problem? I have the same problem and can't seem to solve it in any way.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2020

Hi @Marek Ochab , @Abracadabra ,

You can set up a filter to only show the issues you want a user to see, and then share that filter with the user. A filter is essentially the same as a queue. 

The other think you might try is to add the user to the Project Role - Service Desk Team. That might allow them to see it but I have not tried that for sure. They would not have to be agents to be in that role. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events