Raised this request via

David Meredith April 28, 2021

Hi there,

I'd like to report on how tickets are reported into Jira Service Management.

It clearly knows that tickets are raised via e-mail / portal / agent as it shows this in the ticket:
raised_via.PNG

What field is storing this information? Also, can I add to the entries in this field? We're going to get phone calls and it'd be good to have this as an option.

I hope you can help.

Dave

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

You can use request-channel-type on JQL for this. You cannot add values to this field. 

Thanks @Jack Brickey

I can use request-channel-type in a JQL filter to get specific search results and use it to create custom series in dashboards so that's perfect.

It's annoying that you can't add channels like 'phone' and 'walk-in' but I've found an Atlassian knowledge article that pretty much says they're not going to add them or make them editable...
Adding or removing custom request channels in Jira Service Management

Thanks again!

0 votes
mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2021

Hi @David Meredith , I would argue that this can be derived from 'issuetype'.

2021-04-28 17_46_25-https___secretbakery.atlassian.net_rest_api_3_issuetype_10042.png

Would love to hear if anyone else knows a better field.

Cheers, Markus
Founder of Duplicate AI, Find & Merge Similar Issues

Hi @mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_ !

How did you extract that data? It looks handy...

I think 'Email request' is just the issue type that's assigned by default when it comes in via e-mail. It could be changed to a more appropriate one down the line by one of our agents. Change it to an issue type of 'Application Fault' or whatever.

Jira would still retain that it received it via e-mail but I don't really know what field it stores it in.

What are the values for something that's raised by Portal?

Thanks for helping!
Dave

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2021

That's just the REST API Endpoint (see docs), e.g.

• https://YOUR_INSTANCE.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/ISSUE_KEY

You can just use your browser. In addition to that I use a chrome plugin to make it look pretty. Cheers, Markus

Like David Meredith likes this

That looks really handy! Thank you :) I'll give it a test.

Marketplace Partner
April 28, 2021

Expanding on @Jack Brickey's answer you can:

Via JQL: "project = YOUR_PROJECT and request-channel-type = email"

Via REST:

• https://YOUR_INSTANCE.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=project=PROJECT_KEY%20and%20request-channel-type=email

You can replace email with:

• portal
  • jira
  • email

Cheers, Markus
Founder of Duplicate AI, Find & Merge Similar Issues

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM