Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API - get customer's issues

Basti September 3, 2020

Hi,

we are building a web app for our customers. A small part of the website is a table where the customer should be able to view his or hers current issues from our jira service desk. I am trying to setup an api-call which collects all the current issues for the customer/organization.

We could use a queue for each of our customers and only collect the issues from the queue:
GET /rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/{serviceDeskId}/queue/{queueId}/issue

Having a queue for each customer could be confusing in the future so we decided to try it with "Get customer request": https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-request

The problem is that the api access token is connected with our admin's e-mail-address. So instead of being able to get all the current issues for a customer/organization, I am only able to get the issues where our admin is involved as reporter or person in charge.

What am I doing wrong or what would be the best way to do this?

Thank you for your suggestions!

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2020

Hi @Basti 

I believe that's the expected result, as a user requesting should only see what they reported or are participating in.

Response limitations: For customers, the list returned will include request they created (or were created on their behalf) or are participating in only.

Basti September 12, 2020

Thank you for your answer. I can understand why the response is what it is. Is there a way to get all the issues for a customer?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events