Did you mean: 

Question about notifications

Rosana Casilli August 4, 2020

Hi once again!!

A user reported that he is not getting any notification when:

1. issue is created by a user x

2. somebody select him in the assignee field

3. somebody select him as request participant

I do not know where I can find any solution. I almost read all the post related to notification and none represent what the user explained to me.

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Ro

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2020

Hello @Rosana Casilli

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you confirm if the user-facing the problem is a Customer or an Agent in your Jira Service desk?

Basically, Jira Service desk has two separate permission settings for customers and agents, so we must know what is the user access to give you specific steps to troubleshoot it.

Per your description, I believe the user you are talking about is an Agent. If that's the case, consider the information below about each notification problem:

1. Issue is created by a user x
    The notifications about issues created can be configured under project settings > Notifications, making sure the user is under one of the roles in the Issue created notification:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 15.57.30.png

2. Somebody select him in the assignee field

About the Assign notification, it is also configured under Project settings > notifications, so make sure the user is under one of the roles in the Issue assigned notification
  3. Agents should not be added as request participants. The Request participants field was created to add external customers that might also be aware of the issue details, so Agents added to this field will be treated as customers in the Jira system, including for the notifications proposed. Additionally, add the agent as a request participants will cause the problems mentioned in step 1 and 2.

For more details, check the documentation below:

Service Desk Agents do not receive internal notifications 

How to troubleshoot customer notifications in Jira Service Desk Cloud 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Rosana Casilli August 7, 2020

Hi Petter!! Thank you so much for taking time to answer my question. the user is an agent.. 

I will review what is configured in jira with your answer and will let you know if I could resolve this.

have a great weekend

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events