• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Question about default JSM customer support workflow

Hi,

Could someone please help me to clarify the difference between these two status in JSM default workflow for "request" issue type? https://share.getcloudapp.com/WnulAvN2

I translated to portuguese, but if I remember correctly one is "Resolved" and the other is "Closed".

I'm thinking about keeping only one of them, but I'm not sure if this will break something in default automations when customer reply and status automatically change, etc.

Thanks a lot,

Gui.

1 answer

It could be that you want to do something with the request before moving it to Closed, but both Resolved and Closed are considered done statuses. It should not break anything by deleting one of them. If you look at the workflow the only difference between them is that you cannot reopen the request once it has moved to Closed, so if anything I would most likely remove Closed and just keep Resolved.

@Mikael Sandberg Thanks for your help again.

Resolved has resolutions, and Closed doesn't, right? So when I set to "resolved" and choose a resolution, the customer needs to confirm that everything is OK? And once confirmed the issue automatically changes to Closed?

Where these actions are configured? I looked in "post functions" and in automations, but could not find there. Trying to understand where is set the rules:

- "Resolved status requires a resolution"

- "Once the customer confirms the resolution, the issue changes automatically to Closed"

Thanks!

Gui.

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Dec 07, 2020

Correct, closed does not have a resolution set, it is set when the issue is moved to resolved or cancelled.

Resolved can be set by the agent since the resolution is set at that point via a screen, but you can also encourage your customer to move it to resolved if the issue is fixed. 

Out of the box resolution is not required, so there are no rules that controls that. You can either use Automation or post function to set it, but if you want the agent to set it and make it required then add a validator on the transition to make resolution required.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

196 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you