Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Notification on Mobile Apps

Noah Dolph August 25, 2020

For some reason I'm not getting push notifications on the mobile app?

I'd like a notification when new tickets are raised and when responses are made. I get the email after a few minutes but I thought I would get a push too.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver082/push-notifications-993923309.html#:~:text=Your%20Jira%20admin%20will%20need,to%20Account%20%3E%20Settings%20%3E%20Notified%20about

I went to that link and tried to follow along but I can't find Jira Mobile under the settings.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2020

Hello Noah,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I see that this question is tagged as Jira Cloud, but the documentation that you shared is related to Jira Server Mobile.

On Cloud, currently, there is no option for push notifications for "Issue created".

The options available are Assigned, Reported, Watching, and All mentions.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-26 at 17.17.32.jpeg 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Noah Dolph August 26, 2020

So if we ran the self hosted Jira Server....we would have the ability to add the Push notification for Creation of tickets?

Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2020

Noah, you added the question in the Cloud section of our products. 

To allow push notifications in Server side there are other things you need to do. 

You can easily use an Automation rule in the project to mention you in every new ticket that is created and you would get a push. 

I wrote a workaround for your case here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73438

Noah Dolph August 27, 2020

I know where I added the question....because I run the cloud version. I'm asking do I need to pay for a license to run the on premise version to get this functionality?

Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
August 27, 2020

As far as I know, no. You don't have to pay extra to get push notifications in Server. 

But bear in mind that Cloud Mobile Apps have much more functionality than the server mobile apps. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events