Pull Data from other ticket systems (JSM - Data Center)

Morten Dieckmann-Keden May 3, 2023

Hello,

We are investigating the possibility of using Jira Service Management in the Data Center version.

We have a question regarding interfaces to other ticket systems.
Is there the possibilities to fetch data from another ticket system via REST API (or other formats)?

• What are the possibilities?
  • Push & Pull (Get/Post)

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Jira has a REST API that you can use to talk to it from other systems, as well as webhooks and triggers that enable you to post data to other systems.  There are a pile of apps you can add to Jira that make it easier to connect it to other systems as well.  When the target system is an Atlassian system, you also have some options for "integration" when you add an application link to it.

All of that requires some coding though.  I would recommend looking at integration apps such as IFTTT, Zapier and Stitch-It - they give you connectors which mean you don't need to understand the code to talk to other systems.

1 vote
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2023

@Morten Dieckmann-Keden hello. You can check the Atlassian marketplace for solutions, in case you're open to 3rd party tools. Such is the ZigiOps no-code integration platform. It connects the Jira instances, extracts/transfers & syncs their data. You can tailor it to fit different use case scenarios. Feel free to explore it with the trial version (it's free & non-binding), to see if it relates to your needs.

Regards, Diana (ZigiOps team)

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2023

Hi @Morten Dieckmann-Keden

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

This is very possible, but it really depends on the target system that you are planning to interface it. Jira definitely provides all the requisite tools that are needed for the push or pull, and I believe most ITSM systems would also provide the same. You could very well build an integration in-house using the tools, but that will take effort and money. As already suggested, I believe the best way is to use an off-the-shelf integration app like Exalate in order to achieve this. 

Happy hunting! And let me know if I can help with anything. 

Thanks

Majid

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events